4 Mar 2010

inspiration is colour blind

Invictus
William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

a poem that lift the spirit of the great Nelson Mandela, the person who brings unity to all Africans - the blacks and the whites (with no intention on being racist). he is also the one man who have inspired the great Francois Pienaar - whom had led the South African rugby team to victory for 1995 WOrld Cup Rugby, againts the All Blacks.

one inspiring movie it is. thanks fieha for bringing us all along. and it is where i know all this. :P

2 comments:

  1. i realized i'm getting really famous on your blog lately ;) anyway, my pleasure hon.. what is life and knowledge for but to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. o yea.. i just realised that too. lol! that shows i have been spending too much time with you fieha.. not that its a bad thing. LOL! :)

    and i do thank u for all the knowledge. and keep 'em COMING! :D

    ReplyDelete